Unable to load knime workflow

One of my knime workflows stopped loading when I tried opening it in Knime today. It was working fine till last time I checked it (couple of days back)

Here is the error:
java.io.IOException: Unable to parse xml: line=2: Content is not allowed in prolog.
xml: URI=java.io.BufferedInputStream@1fa9aa8b
dtd: URI=null

Also attaching error log file. Please help.knime.log (7.0 KB)

Please note other workflows are loading successfully

Hi @ddnyaneshwar -

Is it possible that whatever XML data you’re parsing has changed its format in the past few days? Without additional context on what your workflow is doing, it’s hard to speculate beyond that.

HI @ScottF

That is not the case. I am using the same file which I processed already.

This workflow loops through all xml files present in source folder and uses multiple xpath nodes to parse it. Have used list files, table row to variable loop start, string to URI, xpath, db writer nodes.

Unfortunately this is the only copy I have and as it is a big and complex workflow I have to restore it somehow. It is huge rework to develop package from scratch.

Please guide me if there is anyway to override this error and atleast make knime show me nodes so that I can create a copy in new workflow

EDIT: I just realized I’ve been asking the wrong questions. It’s not that your workflow won’t execute - it’s that it won’t load at all.

In that case, it’s possible the workflow file itself has been corrupted. If you open the workflow.knime file within a text editor, do you see well-formatted XML, or has some binary gibberish crept in?

1 Like

This is what I see when I open workflow.knime in notepadd++
Please let me know if there is any way to fix it as I have the project folder

That looks like file corruption. Do you have a backup handy? That may be your best bet :frowning:

1 Like

Oh no… Looks like I will have to redevelop the workflow then. Not sure why the file got corrupted. Could batch mode execution cause it?

Had run below command:
“C:\Program Files\KNIME\knime.exe” --launcher.suppressErrors -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -reset -workflowDir=“D:\Knime\Workflows\WorkflowFolder”

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.