Unable to start Python - conda environment

Hello,

I am having trouble using Python on a KNIME Server.
I uploaded a workflow on my server. This workflow contains a simple Python node for test purposes.
When I try to run the workflow (using the Swagger UI), I am getting the following error:

“Execute failed: Could not start Python. There are problems with your Python environment:\nCould not start Python executable at the given location (no_conda_environment_selected/bin/python): Cannot run program "no_conda_environment_selected/bin/python": error=2, No such file or directory”

I had a look at a similar issue on the KNIME forum, and figured out the solution was editing the executor.epf file.
This is my executor.epf file (I would like to use the conda environment available at /opt/anaconda3/envs/py3_knime):

/instance/org.knime.python2/condaDirectoryPath=/opt/anaconda3
/instance/org.knime.python2/defaultPythonOption=python3
/instance/org.knime.python2/python3CondaEnvironmentDirectoryPath=/opt/anaconda3/envs/py3_knime
/instance/org.knime.python2/python3Path=python3
/instance/org.knime.python2/pythonEnvironmentType=conda
/instance/org.knime.python2/serializerId=org.knime.serialization.flatbuffers.column

I don’t know where the problem is. I am wondering if I may have issues with the knime.ini file, I tried to read all the logs available but cannot find anything.

Best,
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

can you please make sure the conda is working properly outside of KNIME on your server?
(Verify your installation )

Thank you and best regards,
Attila

Hi @ACseresnyes,

Thanks for reaching out.

I did all the checking and the environment seems very healthy.

I don’t know what to try next. I tried to change my environment type from “conda” to “manual”, it does not solve my problem.

Best regards,
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Apologize for the late reply. In order to investigate this further, please email support@knime.com with the following information:

• server and executor versions and OS environment
  • server and executor logs (you can download them from Webportal)
  • knime.ini
  • knime-executor.service (Linux)/ install-executor-as-service.bat (Win) file

Thank you and best regards,
Attila

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.