I was wondering if there is any settings which I can change so Knime uses the same browser engine as my default browser (Chrome)? I’m using Knime 4.3 btw, not sure if that matters though? I found the following settings and tried some things, but so far nothing solved the issue:
- General → Web Browser. Currently set to “Default system web browser” (which is Chrome according to the Default Apps settings in Windows)
Is your development environment also KNIME 4.3? Because we now have an embedded Chromium browser engine (CEF) and maybe that is why it works in your development environment?
The development environment I was referring to is independent on Knime. It’s basically just html + js files which I open in a Chrome browser.
Any suggestions? Or do you want me to share a test workflow?
A test workflow + image would be great. I am happy to have a look.
I have to make an API with an endpoint to get these images.
Thanks again for the help. This topic can be closed.
On second thought the API will slow things down too much. Alternatively I can set a flag to allow the system to access local files, as explained here: https://chrome-allow-file-access-from-file.com/. I tried to set this up in KNIME, see below, but it didn’t work, maybe I did something wrong?
According to Wikipedia (Comparison of web browsers - Wikipedia) most browsers do not support TIFF and Chrome does not either. So I am a bit stumped that it does work for you outside of KNIME. I have attached a small workflow that I used to test this inside KNIME. It reads a tiff file from the workflow’s data directory, converts it to base64 and then embeds it into the Generic JS View’s output using a data URL. This is a way of showing local files without the need to open up the browser sandbox. Unfortunately it still does not work for tiff, though. I copied the same tag I generate in my workflow into a normal website using the Chrome developer tools and it also did not work. When I do the same with a jpg it works just fine, so the data URL is correct.
tiff.knwf (453.0 KB)
I’m afraid you are right. Not sure why the eclipse browser supports tif file. It did put me on the wrong track. I will make an API endpoint to convert the file to jpg. That will solve the issue.
Thanks for your help
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.