i am new to knime and i need help with this.
i have a table like the image above with 500 rows.
i want to count the unique products in the WHOLE table not just the column or row.
the product is/can be repeated in any column and in any row.
Welcome to the world of KNIME.
One possible solution for your task could be this approach:
- Use the column filter to extract one column from your table
- Apply this to every column
- Now use the Concatenate Node to create a list with the content of all columns. You can add multiple input ports in that node: Right click the node and select “Add Port”
- Now you may apply a Duplicate-Row-Filter Node to get only the different entries.
- If you want to get that number you could get the row count by applying the Math-Formula-Node https://nodepit.com/node/org.knime.ext.jep.JEPNodeFactory to the table with the simple formula “ROWCOUNT”
I might have an idea. Can you share a sample file?
there are around 20 columns. would i have to apply column filter like 20 times?
cant we create a loop or something
here is the sample file,
sample.xlsx (15.1 KB)
it did not concatenate the columns, instead it appended the columns to the previous column, making it in a table form not the list
I have used a python snippet
as a result I get an output table with the words
You might give that a try. Maybe it works for you
best regards and take care
you can first unpivot your table and then use groupby node.
This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.