Unzip Files node not working

Hi,

Unfortunally I´m experiencing the same problem with Knime 4.
I can copy files and also create KNIME tables, using “table writer node”, in the same directory where the “unzip node” can´t. It shows the message that the directory is not writtable.

Is there any fix?

Kind regards,

s Aldo

Hi there,

moved your question to new topic cause versions are pretty different and to get more visibility.

Is your output directory in remote location? From node description: “remote URLs usually don’t work”.
If that is not the case can you share a bit more info like error you are seeing, OS you are running, standard or batch execution…

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your support.
I´m using Windows (server) and running in standard mode. The disk is a mapped remote “linux” device.

Kind regards,

s Aldo

Hi there,

In node description is stated that “remote URLs usually don’t work” so there maybe lies a reason. Will check a bit more on that one get back to you?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I understood this message was related to URL like “//server-ip/resource”, but it seens it also doesn´t work for a drive (“D:”, for instance) which is mapped (by the system) to a remote location/device.
I´ve supposed it works on mapped drives as well other nodes do.

Kind regards,

s Aldo

I recently had also a problem with KNMIE and unzipping (have not checked if this has been solved in 4.0), it did involve some strange files in the ZIP file I had to extract.

So I toyed around with some R packages namely archive (a wrapper for libarchive) and (well) zip. Not sure if they would work for mapped drives but it might be worth a try.

‘archive’ must be compiled and be installed via devtools so it is not a completely straightforward process. ‘zip’ seems to be fine. There might be some differences since I tested this on a Mac.

kn_example_r_zip_archiv.knar (62.5 KB)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.