Update iframe Resizer from 3.5.1 to 4.3.9 to improve report designs

Hi,

I am struggling to get the charts, in particular the line chart, fit to the report size. The x-axis is, regardless of the chosen format, always cut off. This applies to the interactive view as well as generated PDF files.

Playing around with “additionalStyles” showed that the iframe does not scale properly. Tampering then with advanced layouting, in particular the iframe-resizer library, it didn’t improve.

https://docs.knime.com/latest/analytics_platform_components_guide/index.html#advanced-layouting

As follows my code from the Advanced Composite View Layout:

{
  "parentLayoutLegacyMode" : false,
  "rows" : [ {
    "type" : "row",
    "additionalStyles" : [ "border-bottom: thin solid grey; max-height: 90vh; max-width: 90vw; margin: 2vh 5vw 3vh" ],
    "columns" : [ {
      "content" : [ {
        "type" : "view",
        "nodeID" : "1383",
        "resizeMethod" : "aspectRatio4by3",
        "autoResize" : true,
        "useLegacyMode" : false,
        "scrolling" : false,
        "resizeTolerance" : 5,
        "sizeHeight" : true,
        "sizeWidth" : false
      } ],
      "widthXS" : 12
    } ]
  }, {
    "additionalStyles" : [ "border-bottom: thin solid grey; max-height: 90vh; max-width: 90vw; margin: 2vh 5vw 3vh" ],
        "type" : "view",
        "nodeID" : "1385",
        "resizeMethod" : "aspectRatio4by3",
        "autoResize" : true,
        "useLegacyMode" : false,
        "scrolling" : false,
        "resizeTolerance" : 5,
        "sizeHeight" : true,
        "sizeWidth" : true
      } ],
    } ]
  }, {
        "type" : "nestedLayout",
        "nodeID" : "1386"
      } ],
    } ]
  }, {
        "nodeID" : "1387"
      } ],
    } ]
  }, {
        "nodeID" : "1389"
      } ],
    } ]
  }, {
        "nodeID" : "1391"
      } ],
    } ]
  }, {
        "nodeID" : "1392"
      } ],
    } ]
  }, {
        "nodeID" : "1395"
      } ],
    } ]
  }, {
        "nodeID" : "1396"
      } ],
    } ]
  } ]
}

Checking in the version it seems Knime uses a pretty outdated version 3.5.1 dating back to November 2015 compared to the current v4.3.9:

Eventually someone spots a mistake of mine but equally I’d like to suggest to keep this library or better all 3rd parties up to date. Making many major version jumps instead of smaller incremental hops, at least for me, was always a royal pain in the a**.

Thanks
Mike

Up … anyone got an opinion about this? The unintentionally cropped charts are making it virtually impossible to share this with clients.

I’d say you’re probably better off in KNIME Analytics Platform for topic liks this :wink: My feeling is that Feedback & Ideas isn’t read as much as the main board.

@ScottF if you agree to @ArjenEX suggestion, can you move this topic please?

1 Like