Uploading nodes (workflow templates) via API

Hi all,

We are moving some data from two different KNIME servers using the API. I was able to move workflows and data around without issues, however I am struggling with oru Custom Nodes (Shared Nodes, or WorkflowTemplates in KNIME API language).

It seems that the API has specifications only for workflows and workflows group when using the method PUT. Is there any guidance for the same operation for the workflowtemplates?

Thanks,
Matheus

Hi @toscanomatheus,

that’s a good question. It definitely seems possible, as the Analytics Platform can move them.
When I set the server to log the incoming Content-Type header, it reports */* for the PUT requests issued from a KNIME Analytics Platform moving components.

Does that work for you?

Kind regards
Marvin

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for the response. I can copy them to the server with the PUT, but they appear just a a single file without any association (see example below):

Do they need to have a certain extension to be presented as shared nodes?

Regards,
Matheus

Hi @toscanomatheus,

I don’t think they need a specific extension. Have you tried setting the single workflow Content-Type=application/vnd.knime.workflow+zip header for the components and templates/metanodes?

Kind regards
Marvin