Urgent: KNIME quits unexpectedly running Word2vec

Hello, I’m using KNIME on MAC OS v11.6 and it quits unexpectedly whenever I try to run the glove word2vec learner. I’m trying to understand the workflow at Distances on Word Embeddings – KNIME Community Hub but am unable to get very far since it won’t let me run that node. Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it. I increased the memory available to knime but it doesn’t help.

Hi Jayshan,

which version of KNIME are you using?
If possible, please provide the knime.log (/.metadata/knime.log) either here or via PN.

Best regards,
Julian

1 Like

I am using version 4.4.2.
I didn’t see the location you were referring to but I saw these in the MacOS folder.
hs_err_pid8263.log (221.7 KB)
hs_err_pid20420.log (170.9 KB)

Sorry, somehow everything enclosed in < > is not displayed in plain text. The path to the knime.log should be <knime-workspace>/.metadata/knime/knime.log.

Thank you for providing the error logs.

1 Like

Hi Julian,
For some reason, I don’t see a .metadata folder in my knime workspace. I don’t know if I am looking in the right place. I checked in the location where my local workspace is saved. But maybe I am overlooking something really simple to find it. Is there something I should be doing on a Mac to find it, that I might be overlooking? I did a whole system search too and nothing.

Hello @jayshan,

knime.log file can also be obtained from KNIME Analytics Platform itself. Go ViewOpen KNIME log. The log file opens in the workflow editor then. More about KNIME logging can be found here:
https://docs.knime.com/2021-06/analytics_platform_workbench_guide/index.html#reset-and-logging

Additionally you can set log level to different levels. (Form maximum set it to DEBUG. This is what you want when looking into a specific issue.)

And see here for a little bit about Mac different directory structure:

Br,
Ivan

Okay thanks to @ipazin , here is the knime log
knime.log (1.1 MB)
The problem I had is with knime quitting when I tried to run word2vec.
I also cannot get the environment for tensor flow set, even though I followed the instructions for python deep learning preferences exactly and have made sure it is installed from the extension list. I was trying those to see if they were the reason why word2vec caused the quitting.
Thank you so much for all the help.

Hello.
I still cannot get word2vec to work. Was there anything you noticed in the log file to help or something I need to do?

Hey @jayshan,

I will get back to you soon. Sorry for the delay.

Best,
Julian

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.