Use keywords to analyze excel tables

Hello there,

I’m new into the KNIME world so apologies if i’ll not be extremely precise with the terminology.

I’m trying to use a list of keywords in order to retrieve, from an excel table, rows that contains that terms. I would like to know if there is a way to use more than one keyword linked, concatenated with another one.

Practical example: retrieve in an excel list, rows containing information only related to black cars.
If I set as keywords “black” and “car” I retrieve rows that contains the two terms but not linked, so I identify rows, for example related to black motorcycles and/or rows related to red cars.

thanks a lot for you help and preciuos guidance.

Hi @leoal and welcome to KNIME Forum.

If I understand correctly, you want to use a concatenation of these two keywords to filter the data in your Excel file.

For this you can use the String Manipulation node to join these two keywords as in the following example:

As you can see now I have a “concatenated_keyword” that I am using to filter the data.

Let me know if this helps.

All the best,

Jose.

1 Like

Depending on the amount of keywords you could also use rule based row filter node with wildcard or regex
br

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.