Use Python or Java to create simple GUI

I’m working on a Knime workflow that at one point uses a row filter to pick a specific entry out of a database. Although it isn’t too difficult to pick which entry within the filter node, I’d like this to be as simple as possible for the people who are going to use it. It seems that I can pass a flow variable with the filter name to the row filter node, and so I am trying to write a simple script to create a pop-up window with an entry field that runs whenever the workflow does.

However, I can’t seem to get this to work. I’ve tried using the Java node and JOptionPane, If I run the node, the input pane appears as expected, but then KNIME freezes up and I can’t insert any text. I’ve also tried using tkinter and Python 3.6 to accomplish this, but when I run the node, it appears to be running fine but I get no input window.

Is something like this possible? Is there a better way to do this? I’m very new to KNIME, so I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks

Have a look in the quickform nodes - there are various nodes which provide this sort of GUI functionality in there. You need to encapsulate them in a wrapped metanode, and then they can be viewed from the contextual menu as per a normal node’s view(s).

Steve

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.