Use web interactive elements of scheduled workflow

Hi,

I’m running a workflow where users in our organisation upload an excel file and some basic manipulation is done with the final result being written to the database.

However I want to start the workflow automatically at a certain time, send a slack message with the web url to the running workflow to the correct individual and when they follow the link they land on the page with the upload functionality.

Now I know that on scheduled workflows, components run using defaults. So I set up a logic that when the upload node fails, which it does unless a file is actually uploaded, the component loops again.

However it seems that for scheduled workflows, web elements in components will not be rendered.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
you can automatically start the workflow when someone opens the link. Please have a look at the options outlined here: https://docs.knime.com/2019-06/webportal_user_guide/index.html#_available_workflow_parameters. Especially the &run and &single parameters may be helpful for you.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

Hi,

didn’t see that parameter when trying to build the workflow :slight_smile: Worked like a charm.

Thanks

3 Likes