Value Filter node - Autocomplete text input

Hi,

Do you have a node that combines functionalities of the ‘Autocomplete Text Input’ and the ‘Value filter’ nodes? I would like to select values from a column but since the list of entries in that column can be quite long, I would like to reduce its content using a dynamic filter similar to the autocomplete text input. Typing my filter value will reduce the list of entries in the Excludes list, making my selection easier as I will not have to scroll the whole list (for example, limit the entries to string containing ‘Chemistry’ so that I can select one or more values in that sub list) .

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Claire

Hi Claire,

the Autocomplete Text Input node doesn’t work interactively like the Interactive Value filter where you can on one-page filter plots and tables.
Which KNIME version do you use currently?
What you could do is create two components (wrapped metanodes) and filter some data in the first step with the autocomplete text input and then in the second step (component) show results in tables or charts.
Is this something you had in mind?

Best,
Martyna

Hi Martyna,
I’m using version 3.7.1 of Knime. As illusrated in the screen shot attached, I’d like to have a text box (red box in the screen shot) which filters values in the list of available entries as this list can be quite long. For exemple I want to select only the ‘Biology’ groups. By entering ‘Biology’ in this text box, the list will be restricted to the entries containing Biology in their name. From that limited list, I will then select the appropriate values.
Regards,
ClairevalueFilter

Hi Claire,

I see the need for that function here in your example. Unfortunately this is not possible in one view.
You would need to do it in two steps (Create two Wrapped Metanodes). First with autocomplete (enter f.e. biology) and then filter with a wildcard all those entries and show in second view the reduced list using the Value Filter.

Best,
Martyna