Vanished Jobs on Server

Hello Everybody,
i’m experiencing a strange behaviour with some jobs in my knime server. (4.16.3)
Sometimes when i open an executed job (on Server) from the my Client Application, after few seconds, i get an error that the Server is not able to open the job and it is discarded. The job name becomes grey and the status “vanished”. After that , the job is completely lost.

Checking the executor log i found:

2023-09-07 10:51:12,844 : ERROR : pool-4-thread-3 : 18a5691e-092a-486e-90a0-5ec8ffe6ad35 : LoadWorkflowTask : : :
Could not load workflow ‘/Test/TEST_DBIA_Governance/Governance/test_performance’ for 18a5691e-092a-486e-90a0-5ec8ffe6ad35 from
http://My server address/mydata/rest/v4/jobs/18a5691e-092a-486e-90a0-5ec8ffe6ad35/swap:
Unable to load workflow ‘/Test/TEST_DBIA_Governance/Governance/test_performance’: ProgressMonitor has been canceled.
com.knime.enterprise.utility.ExecutorException: Unable to load workflow ‘/Test/TEST_DBIA_Governance/Governance/test_performance’: ProgressMonitor has been canceled.
at com.knime.enterprise.executor.JobPool.loadWorkflow(JobPool.java:237)
at com.knime.enterprise.executor.amqp.actions.LoadWorkflowTask.loadWorkflow(LoadWorkflowTask.java:183)
at com.knime.enterprise.executor.amqp.actions.LoadWorkflowTask.lambda$0(LoadWorkflowTask.java:143)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.knime.core.node.CanceledExecutionException: ProgressMonitor has been canceled.
at org.knime.core.node.DefaultNodeProgressMonitor.checkCanceled(DefaultNodeProgressMonitor.java:196)
at org.knime.core.node.ExecutionMonitor.checkCanceled(ExecutionMonitor.java:113)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.WorkflowManager.load(WorkflowManager.java:8450)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.WorkflowManager.load(WorkflowManager.java:8385)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.WorkflowManager.load(WorkflowManager.java:8358)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.WorkflowManager.loadProject(WorkflowManager.java:8202)
at com.knime.enterprise.executor.JobPool.loadWorkflow(JobPool.java:206)
… 5 more

Do you know why? Is there some server configuration to adjust to avoid this behaviour?

Thank you very much.
Alberto

Hello,

Thank you for contacting KNIME regarding this issue.

My understanding of the issue is that you are trying to open/examine an executed job from the AP client, but are getting an error.

i get an error that the Server is not able to open the job and it is discarded. The job name becomes grey and the status “vanished ”. After that , the job is completely lost.

It is not clear if the ERROR that you found in the logs is related to your issue or not.

Please provide the following additional information for troubleshooting:

• What operating system is your KNIME server software running on?
  • What operating system is your KNIME client software running on?
  • What version of KNIME Analytics Platform (AP) is being used?
  • Does the issue affect just one user, multiple users, or all users?
  • Have there been any external changes to the environment that could explain the issue (e.g. configuration changes, new patch applied, etc.)
  • Are you able to provide full server/executor logs for the time period covering this issue?

Note that we are troubleshooting here on a public forum, so if you would prefer to keep your logs private, it may be preferable to write in to support@knime.com and open up a support case for direct assistance to maintain confidentiality.

Regards,
Nickolaus

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.