variable connections between two Chunk Loop Start nodes

Hi all,

I need your precious help once more, but this time for a conceptual question.
How the connection between two Chunk Loop Start nodes affects the function of the nodes inside the loop?
In other words, to avoid the problem of variable stack, I need to connect two Chunk Loop Start nodes’ variable ports at the beginning of my workflow but I noticed that if I swap this connection (the input with the output), the results are very different. I’d like to understand this more clearly.

I hope to hear soon from you and I wish you a nice weekend! :blush:

Cheers,

Silvia

Hello @ChineS,

can you create example workflow and share it with us for better understanding what is troubling you and what kind of problem are you trying to avoid?

Br,
Ivan

Hello @ipazin,

thank you very much for the fast reply!

Basically I was trying to speed up or at least monitor a string matcher node and therefore I connected 2 chunk loop start nodes between the query and dictionary tables and the respective input ports. If I don’t connect their variable ports I get the error of variable stack, so I connected them but I noticed that, if I connect them like this: stringmatcher_2 or like this: string_matcher, not only the string matcher compares the tables differently, but it gives different results.
Please let me know if this is clear or I should describe it differently.

Cheers,

Silvia

Hi Silvia,

Whenever I have trouble with loops interfering with variables or interfering with each other, my go-to solution is wrapping one of the loops into a component and thus gaining control over which variables are inside the component and which ones are allowed to leave it. I don’t know if it helps with the problem at hand, but maybe you will want to experiment with this option a bit.

Best,
G

1 Like

Hello @ChineS,

this doesn’t seem like a proper design. To speed it up try Parallel Chunk Start/End nodes.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.