Vernalis and Geospatial extension issues

Hi,

I found this link to a topic which I have the same issue, but this topic has had no replies. I would like to hear what the issue is and how to resolve it. It seems that there is an issue when trying to install the Vernalis extensions and the new Geospatial extensions.
https://forum.knime.com/t/knime-for-geospatial-analysis-extension-installation-error-bug/72343
I am receiving the following warnings when trying to install both of these extensions at the same time.
WARN Attributes No type decoder found for loading attribute value type from preferences: knime.db.dialect.sql.delimiter.identifier.opening
WARN NodeFactoryExtension Could not create node factory
WARN NodeFactoryExtension Could not create node factory

Hi @Willem ,
Could you please let us know which version of the KNIME Analytics Platform you are trying to install the extensions on? Also, would it be possible for you to share the complete log file?

Thanks,
Sanket

I have the same problems using KNIME AP 5.2.1 on Linux with Vernalis nodes (1.36.5.v202312061125) already installed. I get the warnings/errors after starting KNIME AP and it seems to freeze several seconds:

2024-02-21 09:51:54,216 : WARN : Node Repository Initializer : : NodeFactoryExtension : : : Could not create node factory org.knime.core.node.extension.InvalidNodeFactoryExtensionException: Node 'com.vernalis.pdbconnector.PdbConnectorXmlQueryNodeFactory' from plugin 'com.vernalis.knime.pdbconnector' could not be created. at org.knime.core.node.extension.NodeFactoryExtension.createFactory(NodeFactoryExtension.java:222) at org.knime.core.node.extension.NodeFactoryExtension.getFactory(NodeFactoryExtension.java:177) at org.knime.core.node.extension.NodeFactoryExtension.getNodeFactory(NodeFactoryExtension.java:185) at org.knime.core.node.extension.NodeSpec.of(NodeSpec.java:163) at org.knime.core.node.extension.NodeSpecCache$Initializer.computeNodeSpecIgnoringErrors(NodeSpecCache.java:194) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$7$1.accept(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(Unknown Source) at org.knime.core.node.extension.NodeSpecCache$Initializer.run(NodeSpecCache.java:166) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in com.vernalis.knime.pdbconnector was unable to load class com.vernalis.pdbconnector.PdbConnectorXmlQueryNodeFactory. at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:212) at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:198) at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:920) at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:246) at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:63) at org.knime.core.node.extension.NodeFactoryExtension.createFactory(NodeFactoryExtension.java:202)

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this issue we can reproduce this and are currently investigating – we’ll keep you posted.

Kind regards
Marvin

1 Like