Warn - "Loop start and end nodes are not in the same workflow"

Hello,

I’m getting the above error when I wrap the loop start and loop end nodes in separate metanodes.

I read in the following forum post “If you have a normal metanode, the nodes inside will be treated the same way as if you would have the node expanded to the top most level”, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

When I unwrap the metanodes, the loops work fine.

I’ve added an example workflow below.

Thanks in advance!

Failing_Loop_Metanodes_Example.knwf (11.1 KB)

Hi @Nancyjay,

Loop start and loop end need to be on the same level of the workflow, this is the point where that earlier description was incomplete. The expanded to the top most level is true for variables.
In the post you linked, the problem was that the outer loop got confused by the inner loop construct.

Is there a specific reason you want to put the start and the end of a loop into different metanodes ?

best,
Gabriel

3 Likes

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for clearing that up.

I’d like them to be in separate Metanodes so they can be linked to the server and reused in multiple workflows to repeat a certain portion of the workflows if it fails a test.

Best rgds,
Nancy.

I see, that would be indeed practical

What you can do is share a metanode that contains a place holder for the users to put their workflow component in to:

best,
Gabriel

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.