Web Portal reports 'Workflow Not Executed' - Hub Example

I am experimenting with refresh button widget and encountering some problems, which may reflect my lack of understanding of the server/web portal architecture. To investigate I downloaded the first example from page ‘Eight Data App Designs with the New Refresh Button | KNIME’. This seems to work OK in local copy but after deploying to the server and using the ‘refresh button’ in a local copy I get an error reporting ‘Error: Uncaught Error: Service ‘ReexecutionService’ does not exist’. Running the deployed workflow via the web portal seems to run OK but in addition to the expected graphs, I get a ‘Workflow Not Executed’ message across the top of the screen. I have seen this previously when I’ve accidentally left an unconnected node somewhere but this using the example unmodified as downloaded ? Can anyone explain these observations ? Could this be Java version related, our company deployment is currently version 8 (build 1.8.0_202-b08) - we have seen other issues with component views not rendering and it was suggested that version 11 is needed for current KNIME versions ?

Hi @SteveThornton ,

Welcome to KNIME Community,

Usually KNIME Hub does not offer to inspect the workflow inside the components and hence we had to display the workflow outside so the users can inspect it. In your case you need to delete the workflow(all components) which is present in the blue box (displayed Here for KNIME Hub inspection) and then give it a try by redeploying it to KNIME server.

With KNIME 4.4.0 onwards we recommend to use JAVA 11 as a pre-requisite, but in your case it seems like extra workflow is creating the issue and nothing to do with JAVA version.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Nagarjun S

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.