Webportal Upload File and process it in called workflow

Hello,

I want to deploy a Webportal Workflow to upload a file (Excel or CSV) and call a workflow to process the file.

The part where I am stuck is as follows:
The user has to pick one of many workflows deployed on the server to process the file. My attempt was to use the Call Workflow (Table Based) Node and use the file path from the outer workflow’s File Upload Widget variable as input for the called workflow.
Now if I use the file path variable in an Excel Reader within the called workflow the new “Direct access to the local file system is not allowed on KNIME Server.” appears.

What can I do besides cheating and use the Deprecated Excel Reader? :wink:

Thanks in advance!

Hi @lindig,
could you tell me which version of KNIME Server and KNIME Executor on the server you are currently using?
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Server Version 4.10.1
Executor Version 4.1.1

Afaik both are the most recent versions.

Hi,
we are currently working on restricting access to the file system due to the introduction of distributed executors, where the local file system will not be what you would expect. The file upload node does not yet output a knime:// URL, which it should to enable its usage with the Excel Reader. In the bugfix release, which was published today, the issue is resolved: https://www.knime.com/changelog-v41 (see first item under “Enhancements”). Could you upgrade your KNIME executor and let me know if this resolves your issues?
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

Hi @lindig,
did you upgrade the executor and did that resolve the issues you had?
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi Alexander,
yes, it is working now with the knime:// URL.
Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.