Where does the autoupdate suppression gets stored for KNIME Analytics Platform 3.6.0

Hello All,

I am suppressing AutoUpdate option by going to “File” → “Preferences” → “Install/Update” → “Automatic Updates” and Unchecking the checkbox “Automatically find new updates and notify me”. I want to know where this information will get stored. Is it in a file or any registry?

Kindly keep me posted on the same.

Thanks
Mani AthreyaS

Hi there @ManiAthreyaS,

welcome to KNIME Community Forum!

In this file configuration is saved: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler.prefs

and under following location:
...\KNIME\p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\profileRegistry\KNIMEProfile.profile\.data\.settings

I’m running KNIME version 4.1.2 but should be same as this is more Eclipse thing than KNIME. And why not updating your KNIME version?

Br,
Ivan

Thanks Ivan for your prompt response. I figured you folks may have not stepped into work (still early hours of Monday for you), I spent some time myself on this and figured the same solution as well. Your reply later confirmed it.

Generally we do not encourage Auto update. Thanks again and have a wonderful evening.

Thanks
ManiAthreyaS

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.