I’ve been running a workflow via a batch file, recently the same workflow has been failing consistently with the following error:
I’ve developed a workflow which pulls data from multiple sheets from Google Sheets, concatenates all workflows and then pushes the concatenated data model to Tableau Server.
I use the following nodes:
- Google Authentication - configuration set to ‘Credential Location’ - Node, scope Google Sheets Connection (Read) since I want to only pull data
- Google Sheets Connections - no flow variables
- Google Sheets Reader - Spreadsheet selected ’ XXXXXXXXX’, Sheet ‘XXXXXXX’. I can see and select the sheets in ‘Open in Browser …’. Memory Policy - cache tables in memory
While I run the workflow using the GUI, the workflow runs and completes successfully. However, when I run the workflow using a batch file - either triggering the batch file using the command-line or using Windows Task Scheduler, the following error is retrieved:
Warning: unable to change permission for owner:
Iv’e exported the preferences file again and replace this file with the previous one in the batch.
Running Windows 10, Mac OSX.
What I’ve done so far to debug the problem:
- Upgrade to the latest KNIME version. 4.3
- Run the batch file as Admin.
- Run KNIME as Admin.
- Run the batch file both via CMD and via Windows Scheduler.
- I’ve also changed the default Temp folder of KNIME but that didn’t solve the issue. Permissions on that folder seem to be allow read/write
I’ve looked all over the community forum and searched the web, the suggestions above came from the web and there was also a suggestion the cause it related to Java and the Google API - where individuals solved the issue for their own application not KNIME directly.
None of the above work, I am getting the same error each time.
Has anyone experienced this similar error ?
Does anyone have ideas what else I could try?