Workflow Batch Execution Problem

Dear KNIME Team,

Is any possible to auto run workflow by batch mode which flow has “call local workflow node” , my testing failed.

The subworkflow have “image to report and Data to report” birt releated node.

As far as i know, workflow has “call local workflow node” can’t use batch execute mode, correct?

My purpose is auto generate birt report (ppt、pdf)by bat file rather than use KNIME server or KNIME business hub.

reference flow

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Willy

Hi all,

I try run below sample by batch mode ipazin/Public – Multiple Reports – KNIME Community Hub

Found that when I add image birt report, the batch mode will stuck, need to hard closing in win10 task manager

call D:\Anaconda3/Scripts/activate.bat D:\Anaconda3
cd C:\Program Files\KNIME
knime -nosplash -reset -nosave -preferences="C:\Users\hwwangf.VANGUARD\Desktop\knime_bat_exe\my_pre.epf" -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir="E:\KNIME\2020_08_10_Multiple_Reports_Parent_Workflow" 
exit

Is this problem have solution? Please tell me! Thanks!

Hi @hwwangf ,

I was playing around with the “Call local Workflow” node, too. I was trying to execute it in batch mode but couldn’t get it to run. Then I came across this post from February this year that may (? :slight_smile: ) be relevant to you:
https://forum.knime.com/t/execute-workflow-with-command-line-execute-failed-cannot-determine-id-of-local-mountpoint/61560/2

Like I said I ran into some problems with calling the nested workflows in batch mode:

“C:\Program Files\KNIME\knime.exe” -nosave -consoleLog -noexit -nosplash -reset -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=“C:\Users\XXX\knime-workspace\2020_08_10_Multiple_Reports_Parent_Workflow”

It returned the following message in the knime.log:

java.io.IOException: Cannot determine ID of local mountpoint
[…]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot determine ID of local mountpoint

When I used the mountpoint connector as shown in the linked thread, I could successfully execute the nodes. I’m not sure whether our problems are the same but maybe you can have a look.

I’m currently on KNIME version 4.7.5 with updated nodes, and I think that the type of image that you import might be relevant, too (embedded vs URI vs …).

Parent workflow settings:

Child work flow report template with embedded image:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.