Workflow Coach

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right forum section…

I was just wondering if the Workflow coach could not only provide suggestions for subsequent nodes when selecting a specific node but also provide suggestions which nodes have been used before the selected node? Or is this the case already and I am missing something.

Node (-1, suggested previous node) → Node(0, node selected by user) → Node (1, suggested subsequent node)

Hello @Anjo,

KNIME Development category (section) is mostly related to implementing your own KNIME nodes while KNIME Analytics Platform category (to which I changed your topic) is intended for general questions around KNIME and KNIME workflow creation/development. Now to your question. You are not missing anything. Currently you can’t see incoming nodes in Workflow Coach. Usually when I’m not sure which node should or is usually used before some other node I explore workflows with this node on KNIME Hub.

You’ll find Related Workflows section if you select a node and scroll down a bit.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan,

thanks for placing my question in the correct forum section.

Yes, indeed it makes sense to check out the available workflows in the related workflow sections and I do so. Most of the time you actually find associated workflows and only in rare cases there are non provided. I just thought that the Workflow coach is such a great asset that it would be nice to have this option also for the incoming nodes but as you mentioned all the information is provided in the associated workflow section as well.

Many thanks.

Best

Andreas

2 Likes

Hello @Anjo,

actually agree with you and have created ticket for this enhancement. (Internal Reference: AP-16423)

And for those rare cases you are free to create workflow example and upload it to KNIME Hub :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.