Workflow - Join and append columns from different files in loop - Help

Hi @armingrudd,

I saw your post in the following closed topic so I could not reply to anything there but I am quite interested in the actual workflow that you posted a picture of there as I do not fully get how to make the list of files looping through that Excel reader on the bottom. Can you maybe share that workflow and not only the picture?
I am referring to the following post: Workflow - Join and append columns from different files in loop - Help

Thanks! :slight_smile:

BR,

Tim

Hi @tstolle94,

I’m not sure if I have the workflow in my archived workspaces since it was long ago, but, if you explain a bit what your problem is, I’d try to provide an up-to-date solution.

Sure.

I do not really understand what happens in the below highlighted Row Filter. Somehow I need to tell the workflow to loop all the files that I initially splitted from the first file through that Excel reader on the bottom. But by just linking the recursive loop start with the row filter, it did not work for me. How is the row filter set up and what is the intention of connecting the recursive loop start with it?

Thanks!

BR,

Tim

If I remember correctly, the reason for having the Row Filter there was to only include 1 file at a time and that file was specified by the row number which is configured by a flow variable (current iteration) and then read file and join it to the already existing table in the loop and at the end we take the table from the last iteration only.

Okay alright, but how can I create that flow variable based on the current iteration? That has to be done somehow by linking the loop start with the row filter, but I cannot seem to create a variable within that loop start node.

The flow variable is automatically created by the Recursive Loop Start node as “currentIteration”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.