Workflow not always executing properly in KNIME Server

I have this workflow that aggregates data and then splits it into chunks, saves it to excel + formatting and then it’s supposed to be sending it to specific email addresses via a loop process. The email address is defined through a variable .

‘Fun’ thing about this is the workflow sometimes executes correctly and sends the email to the correct addresses but sometimes it just sends the email to no one. I can check this because I’m cc-ing myself to check and i see that sometimes i have a recipient in “TO”, other times there’s no one there, although the workflow correctly delivers the to recipient to the send email node (checked it job view mode). To be clear, the issue is related to specific jobs, so the job either executes correctly and sends the email right to everyone, or it doesn’t and just sends email to blank “to” recipients with me in cc.

This workflow should be automated, but now I have to check every time it’s scheduled to run to see whether it actually delivered the email to the correct addresses which kind of beats the purpose. And I just can’t understand why results vary from one execution to another without changing the workflow at all. I think it has something to do with the variables but can’t understand what’s wrong.

Any ideas where to look or what to look for?

thanks!
Lucian

One other observation - so if I execute the workflow with right-click execute, it doesn’t work. If I open it in job view and execute it from there, it works fine… :expressionless:

Hi,

which KNIME Server version do you use?
How is the variable created? Is it a fixed value or do you add/remove emails depending of the outcome?

Cheers,
Moritz

Server version is 4.8.0 . The variable is not fixed it’s depending on some other variables and a workflow to be processed.

Hi,

do you have a job where you know that the email hasn’t been sent due to an empty TO field?
Could you check that flow variable via the job view and check if the field is there? Are there any error messages (right click on job -> Show workflow messages)?

Cheers,
Moritz