workflow start

Hello everyone,

I have rather a specific question. At the beginning of my workflow, I have two excel readers following the first partway of my workflow however I want to keep this step optional and I am just wondering if there is a way to set up that “if the file will not be uploaded in the first excel reader follow the second pathway of my workflow”.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance

Amanda

Hi @Amanda252 it’s probably best to show your workflow (even a screenshot of the start of your workflow would be enough). Besides we do say “a picture is worth a thousand words” :wink:

Most probably, you can use an IF Switch to control this. You can either manually set a variable to control the routing of the IF Switch, or you can implement something that checks if there is any file that was uploaded (List Files/Folders + Empty Table Switch should help)

1 Like

Hello Bruno,
Thanks for your prompt response. I should include a picture at the beginning - sorry. Here is the picture highlighting what I would like to achieve. Upper Excel reader I would like to keep it optional and if the file will not be uploaded then I would like the second Excel reader directly link to the math formula in the yellow box (red arrow).
What would be the best option?
Thank you

Hi @Amanda252 , thank you for the image, but it’s way too small to see what the nodes are (I can only guess the Rule Engines ones since they are distinguishable from the rest).

Can you please upload a bigger image?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.