working with Images in Matlab Snippet node

Hi,

the matlab snippet node works really great if you want to do something with your knime datatable in matlab and return the output back to knime. Just for fun I tried to do the same with a table containg images and quite expectedly it doesn't work. I guess the matlab snippet node only works with certain data types and image isn't one of them. For some things it would be nice though if you could directly transfer images. I could use the Image to data row node but I'm not sure if that would work for large multipage images.

My question is would it even be possible to extend the matlab snippet node so that it would work with images?

Best,

Christian

Hi,

I just found out that in the Knime Workflow I can save the image to disk in a folder that is included in the Matlab path and then just use the name of the file as string to access the saved image in the Matlab Snippet node. Should have tried that first ;-)

Christian

Hi Christian,

good to hear that you solved the problem (or better: found a workaround).

Anyway: We are working on a better solution concerning image processing with matlab. This may take some more months, as it is a bit tricky, but we work on it.

Greetings,

Christian