Workspace error on Windows Server 2012 R2

When running KNIME on above OS I get follwing error:

Could not launch the product because the specified workspace cannot be created.  The specified workspace directory is either invalid or read-only

This is 100% reproducable

1. Create new folder

2. set it as workspace

3. do nothing in knime

4. close knime

5. restart knime

6- Above error appears

user has admin privilege.

What is causing this issue and how can it be solved?

This seems to a pure Eclipse problem (no KNIME code is involved at that point in time). A bit of googling shows that it may happen if the workspace is on a network drive. You can try to add "-Dosgi.locking=none" at the bottom of knime.ini.

Great. That fixed the issue!

EDIT: Was to soon

KNIME starts now but can't save workflows and soem files seem to be locked.

WARN  Database Connector   0:429:4    Unable to write to file 'E:\Data\knime-workspace\.metadata\knime\history_database_drivers.txt'
WARN  Database Connector   0:429:4    Unable to write to file 'E:\Data\knime-workspace\.metadata\knime\history_database_urls.txt'

FATAL SaveWorkflowRunnable            File not found
ERROR WorkflowEditor                  Could not save workflow: File access problems: E:\Data\knime-workspace\test-workflow\workflow.knime (Access is denied)

I will try to solve issue with sys admin. Seems to be specific to the setup. It works fine when putting the worksapce on the c: drive. (we should put it on other drvie for disk space reasons)

Hi,
I encounter the same issue 7 years later, I tried the fix on .ini but it didnt help.
Have you found another way?