KNIME SDK Setup for 3.6

Hi there,
I tried to follow the KNIME SDK Setup steps to get our nodes in a proper KNIME 3.6 environment but something went wrong.

• I am on a Mac (Yosemite)
  • I have installed a fresh Eclipse Photon (4.8)
  • I cloned and imported the knime-sdk-setup-repo
  • I chose the target platform with minimal installation and activated it
  • I imported our plugins from the corresponding repos
  • I tried to launch KNIME via the launch configuration
    … and then the KNIME splash screen appears and it takes very very long (~ 5 minutes) until KNIME starts.
    During that time the ‘java’-process uses a lot of CPU (like 70% - 1 CPU with 4 cores and hyper-threading). As soon as KNIME starts CPU-usage drops back to normal.

I’ll add the KNIME-log and the Console-Output of Eclipse (but both appears after these 5 minutes, no messages before).

knime.log (269.7 KB)
console-output.txt (82.5 KB)

Can anybody help troubleshooting?

Hi @niederle,

Is the process only slow the first time you start KNIME Analytics Platform from Eclipse or also the second time? The first time really may take a while (>5min), as Eclipse is resolving all bundle dependencies. The second time it should be much faster.

Best,

Christian

Hi Christian,
it’s every time like this.

Best,
Antje

In your launch config, do you have the option [X] Clean Workspace (or similar) enabled? If so, can you disable it?

It is disabled.

Thanks to @gab1one, I realized that I was building KNIME nightly instead of KNIME 3.6. Most likely, that was the reason for the slow startup of KNIME. Changing the active branch of the KNIME-SDK-repo to the KNIME 3.6 release branch brought things back to normal.
Best,
Antje

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.