50% Grey Screen problem in 4.2.2 (Win 10 64)

Hi,

I’m seeing the well documented 50% Grey Screen problem on 4.2.2 (Windows). Switching the workspace did address this issue as a workaround. I don’t see it mentioned for this version so logging this post.

Gav.

1 Like

Hello @gavhall,

welcome to KNIME Community!

Glad to hear you managed to fix it on your own. Can you tell me is this from a fresh KNIME installation or after you have done some update or extension install?

Br,
Ivan

Ivan,

I can’t remember if I’d done an extension install before or after it had started happening. I think before. I do note that when I try and use the ‘problematic’ workspace, the problem happens but when I switch to the ‘new’ workspace it’s fine. As you switch between them, the problem happens and then doesn’t happen. Is there something picked up in the stored workspace data that could be the source / cause / trigger the problem?

Gav.

1 Like

Hello @gavhall,

Possibly. Tnx for additional information. Don’t think the root cause is known for this one so let’s wait and see.

Br,
Ivan

Ivan,

How does this get logged as a (potential) bug?

Gav.

Hello @gavhall,

there is an internal ticketing system where this gets logged.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @gavhall,

this is a problem with the eclipse platform corrupting the workspace. This is why it is linked to a specific workspace and is fixed if you switch it.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.