Add 'append' option to the SharePoint Online List Writer

Currently the SharePoint Online List Writer node only allows ‘Overwrite’ or ‘Fail’ if the list already exists. This means the current work around is to use the SharePoint Online List Reader node to bring into KNIME the current list, append our new list items, and re-write the whole thing again.
This is ok for small lists, but going beyond a few 100 list items, the performance of the writer node is then extremely poor.
Enabling the ‘append’ option will be extremely beneficial.

Thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

Hi @darspir - do you know if this feature will be developed? Or is there a workaround available?

Hi @mewalsh ,
thanks for posting!
I have added plus one on this matter in our internal tracking system on your behalf (nr. AP-21548).
Best,
Daria

2 Likes

@Ultraman @arrtee Hi both, I found a thread where you both wanted an append option for SharePoint lists. Here is an idea on this very topic. If you add your vote to it, hopefully it will increase chance of getting developed.

Thanks, this is a good idea because it also enables the node to be used in cases where it’s not possible to overwrite, i.e., where the Sharepoint row ID needs to be preserved. @darspir The other thing I find really frustrating is trying to use variables as list names in the Sharepoint reader node. It can’t seem to handle this without manually choosing the list name from the dropdown in the node config. This kind of obviates the need for a variable if it can never be applied.

1 Like

We work with data saved in SharePoint lists as well (it’s, for practical everyday use, a great way to have people obey a more stricter form for their data entry, without making them use a database tool/make a technical data upload), and it would be really helpful for our office workflow automation if KNIME were able to add individual items (= lines) to SharePoint lists. Definitively my top missing feature of KNIME as we use it here.

2 Likes

@hariharanpavan @benpope @s3marube Hi folks. I found a few different threads where you were interested in an append option for the SharePoint lists writer node. If you add your vote to this idea request, hopefully it will increase the chance of getting developed. Thanks.

1 Like

@darspir any update on if this has been accepted/added to a development list?