Annotation editing - shortcut?

Hello everyone,
is there any way to quickly “jump” into the annotation editing?

(without “weird” targeting to the small “pen” icon in the top left corner, sometimes very difficul with the different zoom level etc…).
I’ve found similar question / request here but… so far I haven’t find any other way)

thank you

3 Likes

Hi @mikratky, and welcome to the community!

A different, quicker way does not exist, unfortunately. I added your request to the existing Ticket (AP-15349).

Chances are high that annotating will change dramatically with the advent of the Modern UI (as of writing, annotating is not implemented at all), so you might want to keep an eye out on that!

On a more technical side, the annotations of a workflow are saved in the local filesystem under the workflow folder in the workflow.knime-file. This XML-File, you can edit as well, to modify the workflow - including annotations. But be careful, its easy to break stuff there as well (speaking of experience :wink: )

Kind regards,
Lukas

3 Likes

Add me to that to ticket as well @LukasS! Thanks.

1 Like

@LukasS
Can you elaborate on the introduction of the new UI?

+1 as well please. Thanks!

1 Like

All +1s are added. The Modern UI will be the new “face” of KNIME Analytics Platform and a working version for previewing already exists. You can find details on how to use it here: KNIME Modern UI Preview Guide

More on it in video format: KNIME 4.6: Modern UI - YouTube

We value feedback highly, and you can let us know what you think in this topic: KNIME Modern UI Preview

Kind regards,
Lukas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.