[BUG] – Flow Variable not available in Component Nodes

Hi there,

I might have identified a serious bug where flow variables passed by a Component Input node are still not accessible in the the sub-sequent nodes. Both ports, when inspecting their data and flow variables are fine. However the following nodes, regardless of the port, do not see the variables.

Important to note is that this happens when a component is wrapped inside another component. At the first level, the root component so to say, it’s all fine.

Connecting the component input variable connection to a node which works with flow variables the variable is accessible. Doing the same for a regular data node it isn’t.

It might be isolated to the Row Filter node only, though.

Best
Mike

Hello @mw,

can you check bottom topic and create reproducible workflow example? It would be great, especially for such specific workflow design.

Br,
Ivan

Just off the top of my head - is it possible that this is due to using the “mickey mouse ears” flow variable ports, as opposed to just configuring the component to support a standard flow variable port?

I’ll try to double check this one and see.

Hi @ipazin,

wouldn’t it be easier for everyone, if possible, to create a separate section for bugs and, upon a ticket is being created auto-create the post based on a template? Kind of a guide / reminder for the issuer what information is required.

It would also standardize the format which makes it much easier to reproduce and comprehend. I will take some time to create a workflow for you to share.

@ScottF, thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I tested this and the results are the same per my screenshots.

Hello @mw,

having a separate category is possible but not sure about auto-creating post…

Br,
Ivan

Hi there,

apologize for my late reply. F20 is quite a challenge. Here is a workflow that replicates the issue.

It is indeed a bug on the Row Filter node but only during its configuration. While configuring it the test variable is NOT present, regardless of usage of “Mickey Mouse” or data component input, though.

For the Constant Value Column node the variable is present during configuration.

Best
Mike

Hello @mw,

the same reason behind as discussed here:

Add a dummy pattern and everything works as expected. There is actually a message in configuration dialog with color font red saying Enter valid pattern.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,

I am not quite sure to understand. The Row Filter node expects a variable of the type string which is exactly what is passed down into the component.

Best
Mike

Hello @mw,

some configuration fields can not be left empty regardless of flow variable used that will override it’s value. So in case of Row Filter add some dummy pattern. Example:

DummyPattern

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.