Calculate active time vs idle time for a project

Hi,
I have calculated the duration of a project from a start and end date. I now want to apply a filter that will remove the idle time and only show duration for active project time. The idle time varies each day so I need to list all the days between the two dates and remove the hours for each day/project.
Can you please advise what would be a good way to do this?
Thanks.

Hello @AidanByrne,

you would like to get sum of active hours per project? And if x is idle time then active time is 24-x? Are start and end date included? Probably you’ll need to loop over project one by one, calculate number of Mondays, Tuesdays… and multiply it with number of active hours.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,
Yes I am looking for active hours.
Start and end date are included but are in a different table to the idle times/day.
I just need help with the Loop to calculate active hours.

There are a few similar examples that can get you there, for example:

and

https://hub.knime.com/hanss/spaces/Public/latest/forum_flows/Calculate%20working%20days

The second one I think is easier to understand and follow along.

I modified it slightly, updating some of the deprecated nodes and replacing the Rule Engine node with a Joiner node which brings in the idle times per work day. This means you don’t have to hardcode any rules.

The end result is:

You should be able to make the modifications to calculate active hours.

1 Like

This worked perfectly, thanks to you both.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.