Cannot download examples or drag workflow from Hub to Platform

Continuing the discussion from Cannot download examples in KNIME 4.0:
I was able to download examples and drag workflow from Hub to KNIME Platform successfully, but recently it doesn’t work any more, with Error “NewWorkflowContainerEditPolicy” when I tried to drag workflow to platform. Error:
image when I tried to open examples. (by the way, I’m in China). I can double click to get examples on platform without VPN, once I connect to VPN, Examples doesn’t work anymore.

Best
Joy

Hi @Joy_Zhu ,

Unfortunately it seems the issue is with your firewall/VPN and not with KNIME. if you are able to access and drag examples/nodes from the Hub without connecting to the VPN, then I would suggest using this method as we cannot help with firewall restrictions from your companies side.

Thanks,
Zack

I have the same issue. Company firewall blocks it. I eventually found this, which requires a couple-extra clicks, but works around it. Just download, then open the .knwf file.

Related post here: Unable to see KNIME hub items or drag+drop workflows from KNIME website

1 Like

Thank you Zack, you’re right, its company firewall, my colleague told me so as well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.