Column Renamed seems corrupted

I tried opening a workflow I created and it said it was opening with errors, specific to the column renamer node as far as I can tell. I opened one of the node configs, and It showed duplicate names. I’m trying to rename data coming out of Google Analytics after joining to another table - so trying to rename device type (computer, smartphone, tablet for spend, impressions, and clicks). I’m joining to another table and the joiner brings back computer (right), smartphone (right), and tablet (right) along with the original computer, smartphone, and tablet. For the data that joins, I want to keep (right) so I add a column filter to filter out the original, and keep right. I then added a renamer node to change the names that have (right) at the end to exclude those. I tried adding one at a time to see if I somehow had a duplicate in there, and below outlines the issue I’m seeing:
I’m trying to rename all fields with (right) at the end:

PastedGraphic-6.png

I’m now adding one at a time:

PastedGraphic-5.png

I hit okay - and it seems to save:

I then rename device thpe:

PastedGraphic-7.png

I hit okay, and it works, but then when I open a third time to add the next fields, you’ll note that Date is now no longer in the list:

PastedGraphic-8.png

I added date back in, along with device type, then device type is removed:

PastedGraphic-9.png

I added device type back in, and Date now goes away:

PastedGraphic-10.png

I went back in to the renamer - and added ALL fields I wanted renamed:

PastedGraphic-11.png

I hit okay - and get the following error:

PastedGraphic-12.png

Hi @ebarr

It seems that all your screenshots didn’t upload correct. Can you double check it? A workflow that shows the problem always helps the devs a lot to re-produce it as well :wink:

Sorry about that! Don’t know what happened - let’s give this a shot

I’m trying to rename all fields with (right) at the end:

I’m now adding one at a time:

I hit okay - and it seems to save:
I then rename the device type:

I hit okay, and it works, but then when I open a third time to add the next fields, you’ll note that Date is now no longer in the list:

I added date back in, along with device type, then device type is removed:

I added device type back in, and Date now goes away:

I went back in to the renamer - and added ALL fields I wanted renamed:

I hit okay and get the following error:

I closed out the workflow (and KNIME), rebooted computer and when I opened the workflow, I get this message:

Final note - I closed my workflow, it asked if I wanted to save. I clicked “YES”. I then clicked to “x” out of knime completely, and it asked me if I wanted to save the workflow, but if you look at the top - the workflow has already been closed out. It seems that something corrupted and it might be somehow reading two identical workflows? or is this how it normally works:

I would assume that if i closed the workflow, it asked me if I wanted to save and I hit ‘yes’, and the work flow closed, then ‘x’ out of KNIME, i would NOT expect the platform to ask me again if I wanted to save the workflow I had just closed?

One more addition - After closing out the newer UI and it still asking me if I want to save, I reverted to the ‘classic’ version and noticed that I had the same workflow opened, but not with the changes that I had in the new UI. I used the classic in the past, but never closed it - i reverted to the new UI while the old still open and made some modifications (i tend to keep my workflows open). In any event, it would appear that I had an open/active workflow of the same name in the classic view, and a version in the new UI. I have no idea if that is it, but I have a feeling that contributed to it (makes sense in that the node was saying it was added twice and that’s the first part of the workflow that had changes)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.