Component Layout configuration (Ratio Display Auto)

Hi Friends

I don’t know if this is a bug.

In the layout configuration, I’m using AUTO.
But seeing the results on VIEW (out of the component), doesn’t show anything. (print2)

My table has 2 rows, and I have this empty space because the AUTO feature is not working (I think).

Hey @Felipereis50,

For table views, I would use ‘Aspect ratio’ rather than ‘Auto’. As if you want to use ‘Auto’, you will need to manually set the min and max size to correctly display your table such as:
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 10.58.48

Using Aspect ratio should resolve your issue of the data not showing up on your component view.

If you are trying to make that first table smaller, you could try this:
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 10.54.11

And it will show as:

Hope this helps,
TL

2 Likes

Owwww… I see

I imagined that the “Auto” option would make the table smaller or larger, depending on the data that may exist.
I set the configuration to display only 20 items, with pagination, but when the result shows only 5 items, the blank space becomes very large. For the user experience, it becomes difficult for them to know that there is another table below because the user would need to scroll down, and sometimes they don’t even realize that there are tables below because of this data-less space that occupies the entire screen.

I’m not sure if it’s clear my explanation.

I think it should be automatic according to the table’s information.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi @Felipereis50,

I agree that it is not ideal. Check this post here where Daniel has explained why it behaves this way.
The dev team is looking for better solutions. Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:

Best,
Keerthan

2 Likes

Hi
Keerthan

Thanks for the information
:+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.