CSV Reader Issue: "not a regular file"

I recently upgraded to KNIME 4.3.0 and I have begun to have issues with the CSV Reader node. All of my .csv files are failing to execute with the error ... is not a regular file. Please specify a file .

These files are perfectly legit and execute just fine with the File Reader.

I have noticed that it might be an issue with the Local File System and OneDrive : when I run a given csv with path as C:\Users\name\ I get no issues. But if I try to open the same file from my OneDrive path C:\Users\name\OneDrive - Company\, I get the error message above.

Like I said, everything is fine using the File Reader so that is the work around. But this CSV Reader issue is a bit of a PITA.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @scapuzzi

sorry that the CSV Reader is giving you this problem.

On the web we could find some cases, where files from OneDrive are represented as special files (“reparse points”) in Java. Such “special files” are currently ignored by the “Files in Folder” option of the CSV Reader node (and other reader nodes), because in most cases it is not possible to read them.

Internally we tried to reproduce your issue with OneDrive, but did not succeed. Could you be more specific about:

• Your Windows version
  • Your One Drive settings

Thank you,
Björn

2 Likes

Hi Björn:

Thanks for getting back to me.

My Windows specs are
Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
Version: 1709
OS Build: 16299.2166

My OneDrive specs are
Version: OneDrive 2020
OS Build: 20.114.0607.0002

1 Like

I had the same problem, I not to be able to open a Excel in a Sharepoint folder with the new node.
I solved this with the older Excel Reader node deprecated.

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t have a solution, but just to say I have similar problems with the new CSV Reader node - many files that open with the old node, no longer open with this one.

Could you please share more details? Where are those files located? What is the error you’re seeing?

Best
Mark