Difference between Dropping & Plugin directories ?

Dear Knimers

While reading @Karlygash question solved by @AlexanderFillbrunn, I was wondering where should be installed the “home-made” java compiled nodes. Does it make any difference if eventually they end up on either the “dropping” or the “pluging” directories ? What is the logic to follow on this ? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best

Ael

1 Like

Hi @aworker,
I suggested the dropins folder because I know that you can just drop plain jar files in there. I thought for the plugins directory the plugin needs to be installed via Eclipse p2 from the command line or the KNIME UI. Maybe one of our developers has a better answer, though.
Kind regards,
Alexander

2 Likes

Hi @aworker,

I strongly advise you not to install your own nodes by copying a jar file directly into your AP installation. Instead create feature and update site projects like described in our documentation: Create a New KNIME Extension: Quickstart Guide
This way you can easily install, uninstall and update your extension from the AP.

best,
Gabriel

2 Likes

Hi @gab1one & @AlexanderFillbrunn for the clarification. The link you provided explains it crystal clear.

Best

Ael

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.