Example of creating a node - links not present

From a random search I stumbled across this walk through example of how to create a new custom node: http://tech.knime.org/developer/example I've searched through the top level developer pages and can't find a link to it. This would be extremely useful to have; I'll also contact KNIME directly but I thought it might be useful to have the link here so others can have it immediately. Dave

0 Likes

Hi Dave, The KNIME shipped with so called “New Node Wizard” that allows the creation of new nodes very easily; for details see the New Node Wizard section within the developer documentation. Best, Thomas

0 Likes

Yes thank you - but that is an entirely different section from the example section. The example is a walkthrough of how to build the code for the new node. The New Node Wizard section (under Documentation) is a reference section (also very helpful!). The walkthrough, for me at least, helps me to understand the connections between the class much better.

0 Likes

I still find the documentation confusing… It seems KNIME doesn’t want people developing new nodes as the process seems too complex. I’m guessing it isn’t but the documentation isn’t great.

I would encourage someone reviewing the documentation to try and follow exactly what is in the docs to see if they can create a new node. With that exercise in mind I’m guessing the documentation would be more straight to the point and would decrease developer frustration…

0 Likes

How to Create a New Node, no precise recipe exists

we’re on it :slight_smile: Until then feel free to ask any further questions here in the forum.

0 Likes