Export Workflow as an independent executable jar with the community edition

Hello Knime Community,

I saw a lot of questions as mine in the forum but the answers are not clear for me.

Can you please confirm that with the community edition’s Knime IT IS NOT possible
to develop a workflow on Knime and export it as executable ( jar, python, shell, …)
in order to launch that workflow on another computer on which Knime is not installed?

Is there an extension that does this task?

Thanks,

Nuno

Hello @nfrancisco,
there is no community edition of KNIME Analytics Platform as such. There is just this one open source software, which indeed does not provide that functionality. But neither does KNIME Server, the commercial component of the KNIME ecosystem. With KNIME Server you can deploy workflows as REST endpoint so that you can call them from other devices via the network.
There is also no extension that makes this possible, unfortunately. Could you describe your use case so we may find another solution for you?
Kind regards
Alexander

2 Likes

Hello Alexander,

How can I develop a workflow on KNIME Analytics Platform and deploy it on production without installing Knime on the target machine?

The target machine in my case can be the desktop of a colleague with java or python installed on it.

Regards,

Nuno

Hi,
this is not possible. A KNIME Workflow only consists of XML files describing the node settings. You need KNIME Analytics Platform to provide the code and to interpret the XML files so that the workflow can be executed.
Kind regards,
Alexander

2 Likes

Hello Alexander,

That’s clear for me.

Thanks a lot.

Nuno

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.