Favorit nodes list issue

After I filter nodes inputting Interactive View and drug node to the WF area message pop-ups:

This message persists for any node after this. If I close KNIME message not appear unless after same steps for search.

Hi @izaychik63,

could you please open the “Details” of the pop-up window so the whole error message will be visible?
that would help a lot!

Best,
Martyna

Here’s the message:
An internal error occurred during: “Favorite Node Adder”.
java.lang.NullPointerException

Ok then I would need the log file.
Do you know how to get it?

Nothing comes to the log. I tried Interactive Annotation.

Nah. The log is the “log file” really and there are two, that are of interest:

<workspace>/.metadata/.log
<workspace>/.metadata/knime/knime.log

Can you skim over them and find the block that is related to that error message (or post both files here)?

In first log I found
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2020-02-20 11:22:23.307
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Favorite Node Adder”.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.knime.workbench.ui.favorites.FavoriteNodesManager$CopyingCategory.addChild(FavoriteNodesManager.java:315)
at org.knime.workbench.repository.model.AbstractContainerObject.addAllChildren(AbstractContainerObject.java:193)
at org.knime.workbench.ui.favorites.FavoriteNodesManager.updateLastUsedNodes(FavoriteNodesManager.java:205)
at org.knime.workbench.ui.favorites.FavoriteNodesManager.updateNodes(FavoriteNodesManager.java:195)
at org.knime.workbench.ui.favorites.FavoritesView.nodeAdded(FavoritesView.java:228)
at org.knime.workbench.repository.NodeUsageRegistry.notifyListener(NodeUsageRegistry.java:117)
at org.knime.workbench.repository.NodeUsageRegistry.access$0(NodeUsageRegistry.java:115)
at org.knime.workbench.repository.NodeUsageRegistry$1.run(NodeUsageRegistry.java:188)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:56)

Interesting. I don’t get that problem (and apparently not many others as we would have heard it about it). Two questions:

• Does it help if you close the “Favorite Nodes” view component on the left hand side of the KNIME application?
  • Is that problem reproducible with a fresh installation of KNIME? Is it reproducible with a fresh workspace used by KNIME?

I made some experiments.
Closed Favorite Nodes window in the same WS. It did not help.
Changed WS (problematic components are not installed where.
Switch to problematic one with closed Favorite Nodes window. Drag problematic nodes to the WS. No message. Checked more nodes. No message.
Open Favorite Nodes window. Drug node. Message reproduced.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.