Graphical representation of a column-row dataset as y-x axis

Hello there,
I am working on some graphs, but I think what I am trying to do is a little bit complex, and I am not really sure if Knime supports this kind of graph.
This is an example of the data that I want to represent on the graph:
table1
The y-axis should reflect the Column1 values and x-axis will reflect the Row0 values (Row0&Column 1 cell should be 0)
The numbers for each combination of the x-y combination cells should be shown as a point on the graph, and then those points should form a line (per row)

I hope I gave a clear picture of what I am trying to do.
Is that possible to do in Knime? And if yes, could you please advise which node I should use?

Thank you in advance!

Yes, that is possible in Knime.
And that is a basic feature of any data analytics platform.

1 Like

Hi @mucu -

Take a look at the example workflow below. You will need to restructure your data somewhat, but the Line Plot should be able to take care of it.

2 Likes

Hi @ScottF,
Thanks a lot for your response, it really helped, i just had to Transpose my data.
Although now I have another issue similar to what was mentioned on this topic:

Eventually, is there anything else (apart from using the Generic JavaScript View node) that can be done for such a case?

Thank you

Hi there @mucu,

you can try using CSS. See here:

Additionally there is a feature request to handle labels better (internal reference: AP-12105) and will give it +1 for you.

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @ipazin
The issue you provided as an example could actually help, i can see several changes reflected, like when i change the size of the letters or the color etc, but the rotation does not work…
I tried many different ways, but still the labels are not getting rotated…
Additionally, i can see that there is a customeCSS field in the flow variables for the Bar chart, but not for the Line plot… :frowning:
Any advice on these? :frowning_face:

Hi @mucu,

some “plot” nodes do not support CSS styling. Line Plot node for example. But there is KNIME Plotly extension featuring Line Plot (Plotly) node that supports it so give it try.

And about rotation you can share workflow with your CSS and plot so I can check but no promises there :wink:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi @ipazin
Thanks a lot, I will give it a try!
As for the CSS, I have attached this part of my workflow.
Much appreciated either way! :grin:
Charts test.knwf (9.0 KB)

I just tried to use Plotly node for the same flow, but it also seems that the CSS changes are not reflected either :frowning_face:
But there is a small improvement:)
I am attaching the new workflow below
Charts test.knwf (11.9 KB)

Hi @mucu,

unfortunately Plotly extension does not support current KNIME classes. But it automatically resizes and rotates labels so it should work better, right?

And Bar Chart does work but needs more playing time to make it better. Honestly when I remember using CSS on university never really liked it much :smiley:

Good luck!

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,
Plotly does not resize the labels automatically… Unless something different should be done… I can still see that the labels are being cropped…
So if I understand correctly there is no way to get the labels fully displayed on any of those charts?

Hi @mucu,

It does when changing window size. That is what I meant. When there is a lot of labels then they are cropped I guess…

I’m afraid that is true for the time being. Unless someone knows better :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ipazin
This is disappointing, because the charts are actually really good, except for the labels :frowning_face:
Thank you for your response either way :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.