how to apply colors to different columns

Hi,
I want to apply colors to columns not rows, but color manager is allowing to select only one column. Without color manger also i’m able to draw plot with different colors but those all are bit similar to one or the other. Hence, i want to customize the colors.

Please help me with the solution

Thanks

Hi @janki656,
for this some of the nodes, e.g. the Line Plot, have the second input port. It requires a table with one column that contains all the column names, each in one row, and the rows need colors assigned. The easiest way to create this is to use Extract Column Header + Transpose + Color Manager.
Kind regards,
Alexander

2 Likes

Hi @AlexanderFillbrunn,
Thanks for the reply, I tried using transpose, i’m able to set the colors to each column but using that structure m not able to plot the graph. (I was able to plot graph without using color manager, but i want to customize the colors for each column)
Can u please check. Below is my workflow attached.

plots_color_example.knwf (33.7 KB)
example2.xlsx (8.5 KB)

Hi,
you have to pass that to the second input port of the line plot. The normal data goes in at the top (I assume from the Missing Value node).
Kind regards,
Alexander

Hi,
You meant Missing Value(Node)+ Extract Column Header + Transpose + Color Manager
M i correct, but i did the same

Please let me know if m wrong

Thanks

The Extract Column Header + Transpose + Color Manager part has to branch off from the Missing Value node. Then just connect the Missing Value node to the top input of the Line Plot and the Color Manager to the bottom port.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hi @AlexanderFillbrunn,
Thank you. It helped me!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.