How to hide logic(nodes) inside component

Hello,
let me start by saying that I am new to the Knime community and I will not hide the fact that I come with some problems. Is there any way to hide what’s inside the component, so user won’t be able to manipulate with the data? :slight_smile:

Greetings!

hide

Hello @PawelPablo,

are you a KNIME Server user? If that is the case then there there is encryption possibility. Otherwise check discussion in this topic for ideas:

Br,
Ivan

4 Likes

Thank you! Unfortunately I’m doing it only by sharepoint and the next steps are offline(without a server)

I would like to ask about one more thing. Is there a way to create a save button (job button, I searched in documentation, but I couldn’t find a way to do that) to current Component? If yes, can you explain it to me?

Maybe you can try a shared component which at least can’t be modified unless you break the link
I don’t understand what you mean by save button. Maybe someone else can help
br

1 Like

Hello @PawelPablo,

agree with @Daniel_Weikert. Don’t understand either what “save button to current Component means”. Can you explain it a bit more?

Br,
Ivan

Hi !
I thought about saving button as using save in Knime. So User won’t save it everytime by ctrl+ s or save Knime. He will have a button here, that will be saving for him after clicking on it. :slight_smile:
Offtopic a little, but is there a way to read executed sharepoint file? If I’m saving excel file to sharepoint, is there a chance that I would have excel opened automaticly after being saved there? I wanted to add new columns in excel and read the result later.

Hello @PawelPablo,

there are Save icons in the upper left corner of KNIME if that is what you are looking for.

SaveIcons

Also there is Auto save option which can be configured from within KNIME if you go:
File --> Preferences --> KNIME --> KNIME GUI

Regarding off topic question. There is option in Excel Writer to Open file after execution but I’m afraid this will only work for local files. See here for more on that and a workaround:

Br,
Ivan

Hello @PawelPablo,

great you are already using/found Solution button but it makes sense to mark reply that addresses original question with it :wink: (Except for common sense it’s also featured in first post)

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.