How to view the outputs of nodes when running workflow in KNIME server web portal

Hello,
I run my workflow in KNIME server, but only i can see from KNIME web portal is successful message. I also want to see the whole workflow and the output of each node in the workflow (same as running workflow in local KNIME platform). Is that possible?
Kind regards

Hi there!

Looking for a Remote Workflow Editor? Available from KNIME Server 4.9 :wink:

Br,
Ivan

Thank you. I just checked the content of this update. It seems that it is a new feature on KNIME server. Is it also an extension that need to be installed in local KNIME platform?

Hi,

Correct, it needs to be installed on your local KNIME Analytics Platform as well.

Here is more info about installation and usage :wink:

If any questions/concerns feel free to ask.

Br,
Ivan

Nice link for me. I will follow the tutorial. If any problems during setup, I will ask you. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi @DerekJin

Its possible to see the wf running on the server.On a workflow on KNIME Server you can right click, and then file open -> new job. See this post for the solution if the option “new job” is not available (works in KNIME server 3.)
gr. Hans

I can see and execute the workflow by open workflow in server via ‘job’. But when I tried to add new nodes, it says:
A problem occurred while ‘Create new node …’: Settings are expected for dynamic node ‘org.knime.bigdata.spark.node.io.table.writer.Spark2TableNodeFactory’.
Not only for spark to table node, but also for other nodes when I tried to edit the workflow in job view.
How to solve it?

Hi there,

You are opening an already created job? Do you have a yellow warning box when you open workflow saying “Edit operations are not allowed”?

Br,
Ivan

No, I also tried to create a new job from workflow in server, and I found that I cannot add any nodes in Spark extension, but for the other nodes (like ‘table creator’, ‘column filter’ etc.) it is no problem to add into the job workflow.
Of cource there is no warning box, because only the spark nodes are not allowed to add, even nodes in other extension (like ‘network’, ‘text mining’) can be added.
Since I have already installed the spark extension in the local and server (I can run the spark nodes both in local and server), why I cannot edit the spark nodes in remote workflow editor?

Hi there @DerekJin,

this is a bug and has already been fixed. The fix will be shipped with next Server version - 4.9.2.

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Nice to hear that, I am expecting this latest version:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi there,

in this forum topic you can follow KNIME Server release news :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi there @DerekJin,

don’t know if you noticed but KNIME Server version 4.9.2 was released about 2 weeks ago. Have you tried it?

Br,
Ivan

Not yet, but I am happy to hear this news. I will try it. Thank you for informing.

1 Like