Images as an output

I hope you are having a nice day. Ones again a strange question…

Several nodes of KNIME, like Bar chart, for example, generate images as an output. I know how to add these images to the report – it works fine and easy. But what if I need this image in another application? How can I get the path to the image file?

I tried to dig in the folder of the workflow, but surprisingly I haven’t found this picture :frowning:
Is this something doable or I misunderstand the logic?

1 Like

Hi @DmitryIvanov76

It is not a strange question, very logical one :wink: and fortunately there is a node called “Image to Table” which allows to convert an image from one of the nodes you mention into an image inside a table. Then you can do whatever you want with it. I specially like it when the image is in SVG format since one can then manipulate it and for instance change fonts and colors by just changing tags in the XMLS like format of SVG. But this is another story :smiley:

There is a nice example in the hub which illustrates the use of this node:

Hope this helps

Best

Ael

PS: As complementary information, this other thread could be of help too:

5 Likes

I’d use the Image Writer node. There’s a version that connects to the image port of an imager node, and there’s another version that parses images in a column.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your help!

In my situation the following workflow works fine
изображение

Not sure if this is the best approach - I will try other methods as well.

Thank again!
Dmitry

2 Likes

You are welcome. Glad it helped :smiley:

Best

Ael

1 Like

Many thanks @DmitryIvanov76 for validating the answer :smiley: !

Best

Ael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.