Inconsistent Link Type Behaviour for shared components

Absolute links in shared components only look initially clean, afterwards they have a relative portion in it, which seems to break the update link in some context (likely related to this nested shared component issue).

When I first create a shared component the path looks like this:

Mountpoint relative th looks like this:

workflow relative path looks like this:

And now if I change back to absolute link, I see a relative portion (/…/) in the link:

To me it seems also that absolute and mountpoint relative links in the context of shared components create identical behaviour.

Hi @dobo

Thanks for letting us know! What version of KNIME are you using?

Best
Alice

This is 4.1.1, as we can’t update yet before the server got the latest version

Hi @dobo,

yes, I understand that this absolute link with the relative portion in it is confusing indeed. However, I can assure you (I double-checked the code and tried it) that it is treated as an absolute link nevertheless.
Because your link
knime://LOCAL/Example Workflows/Absolute Link/../Component is internally simply treated as knime://LOCAL/Example Workflows/Component. That is, the /../ simply annihilates the preceding path segment and it really doesn’t matter whether the workflow group Absolute Link exists or not.

I created a ticket in our system to change how those absolute links are displayed.

Best,
Martin

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.