Javascript Views - Coluld not initialize Chrome driver error

Hi I have a problem with graphical or image outputs like roc curve.

Image is from the console,

also the error text;

"ERROR ROC Curve (JavaScript) 0:146:0:139:147 Could not initialize Chrome driver. Could not start a new session. Possible causes are invalid address of the remote server or browser start-up failure.
Build info: version: ‘unknown’, revision: ‘unknown’, time: ‘unknown’
System info: host: ‘--------’, ip: ‘-------------’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_152’
Driver info: driver.version: ChromeDriver
ERROR ROC Curve (JavaScript) 0:146:0:139:147 Initializing view failed: Could not initialize Chrome driver. Check log for more details.

The browser can be configured in Preferences -> KNIME -> JavaScript Views
ERROR ROC Curve (JavaScript) 0:146:0:139:147 Retrieving image from view failed: Error retrieving image: Chrome driver was not initialized. Could not retrieve image."

I have a similar problem on a McOS machine since upgrading to Chrome 72. I have tried the various browser settings but they do not seem to work anymore.

Edit: restarting KNIME and switching to the version 70 settings seem to help, but there still could be a problem …

2 Likes

Hi,

there seems to be an incompatibility introduced with Chrome 72, so that it will not work anymore with the ChromeDriver that is shipped with KNIME 3.7. Is there a reason you are not using the Bundled Chromium for both image generation and view display? That should work out of the box and does not rely on the Chrome browser installed on your system.

1 Like