KNIME 4.3.2 Excel writer overwriting problem

Hello,

I have some problem with the new version of the Excel Writer.
I need the node to overwrite the file every run, but after creating the first version of the file it never gets overwritten.

In the Write options of the node I checked “overwrite”, but without solving the problem.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Hi @rsemino,

can you please share the error message or the workflow with us?

Thanks
Kathrin

Hi Kathrin,

I have no error message. The node run as usual but without overwriting the file.
Here the workflow.
Thanks,
Riccardo

KPI ACAM ASM 1.knwf (21.8 KB)

Thank you for sharing the workflow.

After replacing the data it worked fine for me. Could it be that you had the excel file open already? In this case you need to reopen the excel file, after overwriting it.

No, I always work with the Excel file closed.
For the moment I delete the excel file before the execution of the node, but it is a workaround that is not good because I lose the subsequent processing done on the file. Do you have any ideas what the problem may be?

For debugging,
have you tried to uncheck the overwrite and see what happens?

Hi @Daniel_Weikert,

if I check “fail” it doesn’t run because the file exists, if I check “append” and “overwrite” in sheet options the problem still remains.

Hello @rsemino,

can you try this workflow?
KPI ACAM ASM 1_ipazin.knwf (20.4 KB)

It writes two tables to same Output.xlsx file located inside data folder within workflow directory. With just opening Excel Reader you can see if file was successfully overwritten. You can also change output location to test overwriting on your preferred location.

Br,
Ivan

@rsemino ,

is G:// some kind of special drive, e.g., a network drive?

Best,
Mark