KNIME Analytics Platform Version 5 Early Access Release Feedback

Hi,
I just recompiled the MOE extensions for Life Science Modelling against 5.0 and ran a few tests.
There are three issues I noticed:

1. I cannot install extensions from a zip file in the new UI. I had to switch back to classic view. This is not critical for normal users as allowing them to install “verified” extensions from a server helps keeping an installation clean but for developers to test an extension the zip file option is crucial.
  2. The preferences from my extensions are visible in classical view only. Maybe I have to register the preferences in a different way for 5.0 (if that’s the case let me know how).
  3. Molecule Rendering gives me black squares instead of the graphic object. I can choose different renderers but the ones that produce graphics just give me black squares. That’s a dealbreaker for chemists! In Life Science we need the graphic representations and it should be resizable because the default size of the squares is just too small. (if the render output needs to be in a different format/type than before, please let me know.)
4 Likes